Friday, November 30, 2018

Sewing four patches

   I finally have something to show for Clue 1 of the Good Fortune Mystery Quilt. I couldn’t stop at a dozen, I was enjoying my sewing time too much to stop. I used some batik scraps and a few charm squares. I found I can get 9 four patches out of 4 charm squares. And with careful cutting and slow precise piecing, they’re coming out exactly the right size.
  It can be tough to find light batiks. I’ve ordered a couple more along with more aurifil 50wt. thread which I love for piecing. I like the dove grey because it blends with almost everything.
   I’m pretty sure the next clue is out, so I’m heading to my sewing room to print it out and dive into sewing on my lovely day off. I like discovering each clue myself by going to Bonne’s blog Quiltville’s Quips and Snips. Somehow it’s not as much fun if I come across it on social media where others are already posting about it.  It’s weird but it feels like a spoiler.  So I like to go to the blog first thing in the morning and check out the surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment